Providing clean, reliable and affordable power to Southeast Texas.
At a Glance
- 1,085 employees.
- 1,033 retirees.
- Approximately 448,000 customers.*
- 27 counties / 15,320 square miles.
- $95.3 million annual payroll.
- Headquarters in Beaumont and The Woodlands, Texas.
- 433,557 utility distribution poles.
- 28,153 transmission poles.
- 13,194 circuit miles of distribution lines.
- 2,747 circuit miles of transmission lines.
- 335 substations.
2013 donations and grants:
- Through the company’s charitable initiatives, Entergy donated more than $585,000 in 175 grants to charitable, nonprofit organizations.
- In addition to providing funding, Entergy donated more than $35,250 in grants for 6,350 Entergy employee volunteer hours.
- The company and its employees also donated more than $192,885 to the United Way campaign.
- Entergy's economic development efforts in 2013 contributed about $1.3 million (including human resource support) toward business recruiting and community development in Southeast Texas.
- Entergy Texas helped bring 12,943 jobs to the Southeast Texas region between 2009-2013.
The company traces its roots to Gulf States Utilities, which merged with New Orleans-based Entergy Corp. in 1994. Following the merger, the company’s operations in Texas became known as Entergy Texas.
*As of 12/31/17
Counties Served by Entergy Texas
Entergy Texas also serves small portions of Falls, Harris, Houston and Limestone counties.