Providing clean, reliable and affordable power to Southeast Texas.
At a Glance
- 1,085 employees.
- 1,033 retirees.
- Approximately 486,000 customers.*
- 27 counties / 15,320 square miles.
- $95.3 million annual payroll.
- Headquarters in Beaumont and The Woodlands, Texas.
- 433,557 utility distribution poles.
- 28,153 transmission poles.
- 13,194 circuit miles of distribution lines.
- 2,747 circuit miles of transmission lines.
- 335 substations.
The company traces its roots to Gulf States Utilities, which merged with New Orleans-based Entergy Corp. in 1994. Following the merger, the company’s operations in Texas became known as Entergy Texas.
*As of 12/31/21
Counties Served by Entergy Texas
Entergy Texas also serves small portions of Falls, Harris, Houston and Limestone counties.