Our Home Energy Efficiency program helps reduce your energy consumption by providing "weatherization" services.
Basic improvements like duct sealing, weather stripping, caulking around windows, sealing plumbing penetrations, sealing air returns and adding insulation can yield big returns.
How Does It Work?
To receive these services, follow these simple steps:
- First, contact an approved contractor. They work for utilities throughout Texas. You'll need to find one for whom funding is still available. If your house is eligible, the contractor will set an appointment with you.
- The contractor will come to your home to determine if it qualifies* for weatherization work.
- If improvements can be made at your home and you are willing to sign an agreement with the contractor, weatherization work will take place. If you have central AC, the contractor will also check the duct system and perform any work necessary to get it into compliance.
- Some contractors offer services beyond standard weatherization at an additional cost to you. These may include solar screens, water saving devices or other energy saving tools. Whether or not you buy these products is strictly up to you.
- Once work is complete, you will enjoy a more comfortable home that uses less energy.
*Homes that have broken windows, holes in walls or other major leakage problems will be declined. Homes that are already energy efficient may also be declined.
Interested, find a contractor or contact us, today!
Our Home Energy Efficiency program is offered on a first-come, first-served basis, with contractors working until funds are exhausted. If you'd like to take advantage of this valuable service, contact us promptly.
If you are unable to find a contractor who will be in your area for weatherization in the immediate future, please remember this program receives new funding each January.
Also, you may find additional tips and weatherization ideas at circuit.entergy.com/save-money.
For a list of participating contractors in your area, click here.
If you have questions at any time, please contact the Entergy Program Manager: